Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Blog

My name is Roberto Norton .I am currently a sophomore here and live in Keough Hall. I am studying Business and Political Science. I`m originally from Irapuato, Guanajuato Mexico, but now live in Stockton, California. I`m a huge sports fan( Niners, Kings, Giants). I am taking Japanese because I was accepted into the Tokyo program for next spring semester. My football coach in high school always spoke so highly of Japan that it intrigued me enough to want to learn more about the lovely culture. It seems so exotic and different than the western culture we are accustomed to. Everybody I talk to is always fascinated about my upcoming trip. Most people I talk to are jealous, they think it will be a once in a lifetime experience. I'm really looking forward to going as it will be something totally new.

5 comments:

  1. I'm also jealous that you get to study abroad in Japan and hope that I'll get to do it during my junior year, too. Since you were born in Mexico, I'm assuming you're going to be trilingual now, then? (Spanish, English, and now, Japanese.) Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've already been accepted to the Tokyo program? Awesome!! You are probably the first to explore the real Japanese culture in our class. I hope I could have a semeter study abroad there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if you get chance could you tell me about business program to me, since I'm gonna major in it. Also do you follow EPL? If you do what team do you like? I'm fan of Liverpool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm one of those jealous people. You going to Japan is so cool. You should pick up some video games for me while you are out there next semester. Keough ftw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To
    Arekonsei san: Yeah, hopefully by the end of my college journey I will be able to speak a triad of languages.
    Ren san: I will be the first to explore it via the ND program i guess since some people have already gone. I think doing it in this form of outlet will be completely different than any other.
    Seo san: I played American football in high school. I like international soccer better than the EPL. As far as European teams that I like go, its Barcelona cause they have the Mexican Rafa Marquez. I guess you like that cause they beat Man U last year.
    Twan: Your my hommie man. I get you some video games and a t-shirt if i can.

    ReplyDelete